Valentine's Day Gift Idea: Women Prefer Sex Over Chocolates
The study, by Saatchi Wellness (an offshoot of the PR firm Saatchi & Saatchi) and Time Inc.'s Health surveyed nearly 1,000 women in the U.S., asking them if they'd rather have a box of chocolates each week for the next five years, or sex every week for the next five years. 73% chose sex.They were also asked if they'd rather receive chocolate every week for five years or a lump sum gift of $1,000. 91% chose the cash.
Surprisingly, the study found that more women (74%) would choose $10,000 over being able to eat anything they wanted without gaining weight. Perhaps not so surprisingly, 71% would rather have a new pet than a(nother) child.
The study also concluded that women in general were treating themselves better than they had during the depths of the recession.
- 36% of respondents said they are putting a greater priority on their appearance.
- 22% are buying more anti-aging products.
- 48% intend to work out more.
- 48% are buying more vitamins.
- 52% are committed to having more fun. This probably ties back to the findings in the first paragraph of this post.