Back in November, LOLapps started a desperate attempt to restore the viral channels in their game Critter Island. After launching the game in August, and then being denied access to social features (by Facebook) after a privacy debacle, LOLapps attempted to regain access to their viral channels in Critter Island (neighbor invites, gift requests, and wall posts), but to no avail.
The developer remained fairly quiet on the issue after creating the Restore Critter Island page on Facebook, but we now know that all efforts were apparently in vain. Thanks to a letter received by a concerned player from LOLapps itself, we now know that the entire development team has been transitioned from Critter Island to Ravenwood Fair, and that Critter Island itself will be shutting down alongside Supermodel: The Game on January 31.
That's right, after the end of the month, Critter Island will no longer be accessible. Supermodel: The Game will be closing on the same date. I guess we can only say it was fun while it lasted... or, at least until November when the controversy erupted. Hopefully this will be the last game closure we see from the company in the near future.
Do you think LOLapps could have tried harder to save Critter Island, or was this a no-win situation for LOLapps? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.03% APR (15 yr)
- Forget Your 401k if you Own a Home (Do This)
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 5 three-ingredient summer slushies: ‘That looks so refreshing!’
- Mom is praised for huge, ‘beautiful’ blended family with ex-husband: ‘…
- This father-daughter sing-a-long has TikTok beaming: ‘I was having a b…
- 6 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- The Fastest Way to Pay off $10,000 in Credit Card Debt
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2023