AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Ronald Palfrey
Location: Winter Haven, Fla.
Time Unemployed: 2 years
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
Award-winning designer with an impressive portfolio and record of driving business for diverse industries. Passion for creating sharp, professional, and unique designs that enhance prestige and immediately attract clients. Skilled in developing high-impact web sites, marketing materials, brand identities, and print designs. Track record of meeting the most demanding deadlines, communicating effectively with cross-functional teams, and leading by example. Dedicated to finding the most cost-effective and creative solutions for all challenges. Known for taking a hands-on approach in directing artists, collaborating with clients, and bringing creative concepts to life. Possess extensive network of industry contacts.
Please take a look at my online portfolio at: www.creativehotlist.com/rpalfrey for a further review of my talent and abilities.
To lead a highly talented, skilled and creative team capable of providing fresh cutting edge ideas from concept to completion, returning a positive ROI on results.
The Catholic University of America, Graduate Studies
St. Mary's College of Maryland, Bachelor of Art
Director of Creative Services
The Nissen Group, LLC, Winter Haven, FL | 2007 to Present
- Expertly led all creative projects, supervising and motivating a staff of 5 to peak levels of performance. Continually improved administration, finances, budgeting, and account management. Met with clients personally to instill trust. Continually expanded vendor base for estimating, acquisition and award to remain within clients budgets.
- Enabled agency to expand its billings by 42% during a major financial downturn.
- Grew the student population of Polk State College from 5,500 to 10,000+ in just 36 months by devising and implementing a marketing campaign that re-branded the college as a top choice institution.
- Drove agency to win 35 Addy Awards in the past 3 years.
RGPalfrey and Associates, Incorporated, Orlando, FL | 2003 to 2008
- Designed web sites, e-mail marketing campaigns, and e-commerce interfaces. Developed compelling printed marketing materials such as brochures, catalogs, and advertisements. Effectively worked with a wide variety of companies and business owners while seamlessly coordinating different assignments. Capitalized on unique and challenging design opportunities.
- Quickly grew business with word-of-mouth advertising; developed a sterling reputation for doing whatever it takes to deliver superior products and design concepts to all clients.
Chief Creative Officer / Senior Graphic Designer
Verizon MultiMedia / Verizon Communications Incorporated, Thousand Oaks, CA | 1984 to 2003
- Developed captivating visual communications for the Fortune 10 corporation. Successfully directed print/multimedia projects for internal consumer, federal, incentive, event marketing, and business groups. Mentored 5 designers to achieve their full potential. Interfaced with key clients/vendors, managed budgets, and handled job closeouts. Remained current with cutting-edge technologies and techniques. Implemented and continually enhanced web site design.
- Utilized celebrities and star athletes to effectively promote awareness for Verizon's Literacy Program.
- Regularly won awards and recognitions from various clients who also used graphic designs for their personal businesses.
Online Marketing: Web Site Design; E-mail Graphics; Site Functionality Improvement; Banner Ads
Print Materials: Brochures & Catalogs; Newsletters; Posters & Signs; Collateral Materials; Stationery Packages
Company Branding: Identity Development; Logo Design; Client Service; Content Management
Marketing Support: Integrated Campaigns; Promotional Conceptualization; Direct Mail; Advertisements
Artistic Leadership: Multimedia Development; Graphic Design; Conceptual Direction; Photo Art Direction; Typography; Layouts & Compositions; Font & Color Management
Team Management: Staff Inspiration & Training; Project Management; Production Oversight; Creative Insight
Technical Skills: Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop; Illustrator; InDesign; Acrobat; Dreamweaver; Flash; Freehand MX; Fireworks; Premiere; Director; Dimensions. Microsoft Office Suite: Word; PowerPoint; Excel. QuarkXPress;
Windows & Mac Platforms
If you have a position or job lead for Ronald, please contact him at about.me/RonaldPalfrey