AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Nina Chiavaroli
Location: Pennsburg, Pa.
Time Unemployed: 0 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
As a recent graduate of Kutztown University (December 18, 2010) majoring in Applied Mathematics and having acquired my Operations Research Certificate, and a pending Statistics Certificate I am interested in a full-time position, and would relish the opportunity to be involved with a unique company. I will bring skills and knowledge to your team that will help the company attain its goals.
Unlike many other candidates, I can deliver an aspect to your staff that is distinctive. I was presented the challenge of being a young single mother, whom never gave up in school, never skipped a single semester, worked 2 jobs, and swam for the university all while living in my own apartment with my daughter. This challenge has given me strength and motivation to be as successful, hardworking women who can exceed any expectation or challenge.
Along with my Mathematics degree, I also have a minor in Sociology which has taught me better ways to communicate with others, and understand why and how they think. In my current and previous positions, my ambition, determination and adaptability has helped me to make a positive impact on the organizations, leading to increased responsibilities and promotions. I am hard-working, motivated, and will let nothing deter me from attaining an established goal. My previous work experience in customer service helped me develop a strong love of working with people honestly and genuinely. This attitude has given me the edge I need to excel in a company such as yours.
Analytical position where proven experience will add value to risk management.
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania Kutztown, PA
- B.S. in Mathematics Minor: Sociology December '10
- Operations Research Certification
- Statistics Certification
- Who's Who Among Executive and Professionals
- Kutztown Customer Service Training Seminar
Kutztown University Student Recreation Center 9/07-12/10
Supervisor & Lifeguard
- Supervising facility operations and procedures
- Administrative Data Entry
- Authorizing student consent waivers, intramural rosters and CPR certifications
- Responsible for opening and closing the facility as well as the safety of all patrons
Kutztown University Student Recreation Center (Internship) 1/10-4/10
- Conducted an analysis of the frequency of facility usage and designed the new master schedule of operational hours
- Various Data Entry and Data Analysis tasks for Director of Recreation Services
- Designed and distributed Health Pamphlets throughout the university
- Directed Health Fair activities throughout the campus
Pottstown YMCA 2003-2007
- Opening and Closing the pool area
- Ensuring the safety of patrons in and out of the pool
Cleaver Physical Therapy 2003-2006
Insurance Administrative Assistant
- Documenting and filing client insurance claims
- Calculating balances and reviewing completed documentation for errors
- Proficient in Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher
- Experience with Mac Computer applications.
If you have a job lead for Nina, please contact her at about.me/NinaChiavaroli