AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Marina Zosya
Location: New York, N.Y.
Industry: Corporate Finance and Accounting
Time Unemployed: 0 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I am looking for an opportunity to utilize my expertise and skills in a way that results in long-term improvements and commercial success of a company with a growth potential.
Over the years of experience as a financial professional I have attained a solid record of achievements, particularly in day-to-day functional management, budgeting, treasury control, performance analytics as well as strategic planning and forecasting. I place the highest priority on forward-looking analysis and innovative just-in-time reporting systems facilitating expedient decision-making.
I have built my career working in fast-paced environment and trust that I can benefit any employer by applying my fundamental characteristics: sharp organizational acumen, ability to quickly grasp the essence and learn all details of a company's operations, strong conceptual and logic skills, aptitude for making sound decisions with limited data in atmosphere of high complexity.
I exhibit high productivity and efficiency in the most stressful situations. My superiors rely on my stepping into any task in the broad spectrum of financial management. An employer with ability to value high professional ethics and loyalty will be rewarded with undivided commitment and dedication.
Senior-level professional with extensive corporate finance, accounting and administration experience in diverse industries, including financial and professional services, global supply chain with worldwide distribution, B2B technology, commodities and public accounting. Proven ability to facilitate business growth, support international expansion and impact organizational stability through achievements in capital structuring, treasury administration, profitability management, internal controls, operational efficiency improvement and reporting systems development. Expert qualifications in general management, budget control, strategic planning, performance analysis, technology implementation and staff development.
- MBA in Accounting (Zicklin School of Business/CUNY 1997) PhD in Economics (Leningrad Polytechnic University, St. Petersburg, Russia, 1989)
Confidential Consulting Company, New York, NY
Jan 2010 – present
- Specialize in growth strategies, viability assessment, start-up business plans, capital structuring, internal controls, accounting policies & procedures, performance intelligence and business analytics, budgetary and treasury tools, due diligence. Currently developing proprietary online solution.
Bronson & Migliaccio/CSG Group of Companies, Fort Lee, NJ
March 2008 – Dec 2009
Chief Financial Officer
- Recruited by the partners of this financial services organization, consisting of two multi-state law firms and several asset management companies (12 entities total, 500+ employees), to assume wide scope of responsibilities associated with financial and operational management, performance evaluation, strategy development, structural improvements and policies/procedures introduction.
- Identified business segments responsible for operational losses. Resulting divesting plan assured organizational survival.
- Instrumental in separation from a hedge-fund relationship that resulted in $32M liability liquidation and $2M capital gain.
- Defined policies and established procedures for accounting, finance and operational functions.
- Gave the organization its first budget and implemented budgetary analysis with strict profit and cost centers performance parameters.
- In the environment of severe cash constraints developed tools for hands-on treasury control with real-time cash position (40+ accounts) and segmental cash flow projections.
- Corrected methodology of consolidated financial statements preparation.
- Renegotiated all crucial banking, credit, merchant services and vendor relationships.
- Led transition into MS Dynamics Business Solutions Solomon, providing guidelines for inter-company setups and databases correlations; initiated financial reporting in FRx environment.
- Assisted partners in creation and set up of a new venture in a different business sector.
Continental Industries Group, Inc., New York, NY
2002 – 2007
- Originally hired to fill the Controller position within this international organization with offices in six countries, specializing in import/export and worldwide distribution of plastic commodities and industrial chemicals, was appointed to CFO position after two years. In addition to directing general accounting, multi-currency cash management, financial reporting and audit process, working capital allocation and budgeting, had conferred with owner/CEO on resolution of complex financial and commercial issues, expansion projects and structural improvements. Managed domestic and overseas staff.
- Instrumental in the company's expansion from $40 to $220 million in five years.
- Managed relationships with all lending institutions facilitating successful development of diversified credit facilities (from $7M in 2002 to $75M), including inter-creditor clubs and asset-based finance.
- Streamlined all foreign exchange transactions, including straight and bilateral hedging.
- Introduced multi-level Borrowing Base Model for balance-sheet lenders, which maximized company's working capital.
- Optimized credit lines utilization assuring seamless transactional performance.
- Controlled trading activities and transactional profitability insuring attainment of profit goals.
- Defined customization requirements for MS Dynamics Business Solutions Navision.
Here2fix.com, Inc., New York, NY
Chief Financial Officer
- Hired by the founder and venture capital investors to complete the executive team of this start-up B2B developing a fully integrated eCommerce warranty solution. As a member of Executive Board, fully participated in developing business strategy. Accountable for all fiscal functions, risk management, budget control, procedures and systems implementation as well as BOD reporting.
- Participated in development of operational processes necessary for B2B and consumer interface, including data flow integration between the proprietary and accounting systems (Great Plains).
- Essential in success of VC's exit strategy, including negotiation, due diligence and acquisition by the largest North American Warranty company.
ASCOP Corp., New York, NY
- Promoted from Divisional to Corporate Controller by Owner/CFO within first six month with full control of all functions pertaining to accounting, finance, treasury and taxation of $450M company with 15 foreign subsidiaries, specializing in export and Eastern European distribution of US agricultural commodities. Recruited, developed and managed team of finance professionals, managers and support stuff both domestically and abroad (100+ direct and indirect reports).
- Opened new venues of trade finance, including international forfeiting of bank instruments and US GSM program, allowing for full utilization of $100M credit lines.
- Conducted price-transfer review filed with IRS for approval of international parent-subsidiary sales.
- Improved accuracy of tax returns with $500,000 annual tax bill reduction.
- Revamped pricing methodology through COGS modeling and segmental allocations.
- Evaluated and conducted due diligence for all M&A prospects.
Globe Clothing Co., New York, NY
- Moved from Accounting Manager to Controller position assuming responsibilities for all accounting, credit, collections and factoring functions for this manufacturer, importer and national distributor of men's apparel. Pioneered computerization of manual bookkeeping. Established credit insurance relationships with ACI (now part of Euler/ACI). Developed perpetual inventory control system.
S. Hellman CPA, New York, NY
- As a Staff Accountant specialized in non-profit clients, auditing books and compiling their financial statements and tax returns. Upgraded clients from manual to computerized accounting system (FUNDWARE) in Fund Accounting Environment.
- Corporate Finance & Accounting
- International Treasury Management
- Capital Structure, Lenders and Investors
- Global Growth Strategies and Planning
- Budgets & Projections
- Executive Reporting
- Performance Analytics
- Strong GAAP & Tax Compliance
- Crisis Management & Restructuring
- Multi-entity organizations
- New Ventures & Startups
- Entrepreneurial Support
If you have a position or job lead for Marina, please contact her at about.me/MarinaZosya