AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: James McKay
Location: Washington, D.C.
Job: Human Resources Management
Time Unemployed: 3 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I have been in the Human Resources and Administration field for 4 years now and have held some great positions along the way. My most recent position was Human Resources Manager/ Asst Manager for K&G Superstore. As a HR Manager my duties have included defending the company against unemployment insurance claims, EEOC, encouraged compliance with company policies and procedures, coached employees for disciplinary actions, new hire employee data input using PeopleSoft software (i.e....W-4, I-9 and Background Information). I ran the Business Office and executed all business task including procurement and supply ordering, handled cash operatitions, maintained task logs, sales logs and payroll logs. I have prepared all statistical data for meetings and management review. I embrace change with confidence and I accomplished my goals by prioritizing and executing the most necessary objectives first. I've performed maintenance on all office equipment including registers copier, printer, fax, and CPU workstations.
My qualifications include the ability to multi task both individually or with my team and to effectively use verbal and written communication skills to handle dispute resolutions in an effort to maintain good rapport among associates and managers. I am knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite suit 2007 and 2003 including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. I have also trained employees and worked with PeopleSoft, e- Procurement (online procurement) and other scheduling and payroll software programs.
As an HR Administrator and Business Office Manager I would like to continue to demonstrate my Human Resources and Administrative skills effectively within a government or private agency while maintaining its ethical and civil values.
University of Maryland College Adelphi, MD -- 2008- Present
- Major: Business Administration
- Minor: Business Laws and Public Policies
Strayer University Takoma Park, MD -- 2004- 2006
- Major: International Business
- Minor: Business Management
Strive DC, Washington, D.C.
- Performed all office task including client servicing, scheduling appointments, scanning, copying, and faxing documents for a local non- profit organization. Organized and maintained filing system, answered phones, worked with trainers and other administrative professionals, and filled training classes. I Provided proofreading; word processing, and dictation for meetings and classes
Dr. Calvin Griffin, Washington, D.C.
- Assisted doctors office by managing multi- phone line, updating client files, prioritized and scheduled interviews and meetings for senior management, scanned and copied medical documents for patients
Microsoft Office Suite suit 2007 and 2003 including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access. I have also trained employees and worked with PeopleSoft, e- Procurement (online procurement) and other scheduling and payroll software programs
If you have a position or job lead for James, please contact him at about.me/JamesMckay