AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Andrea Regusters Fox
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
Job: Desktop Publishing
Time Unemployed: 2 years
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
From 2001-2008 I was employed as the Sales Marketing Specialist with CBS 3/KYW-TV. Due economic downsizing I have been volunteering my services as a Marketing Specialist with Bellevue Communications Group, a PR firm, in Philadelphia since April 2009. Prior to joining CBS, I spent four years as a Desktop Publisher/Sales Assistant with Greater Media Radio and six years as a civilian employee for the U.S. Navy in the MWR Public Affairs and Publicity offices.
Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Associates Degree in Art
Community College of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Associates Degree in General Studies
Bellevue Communications Group, Philadelphia, PA
Volunteer Marketing Specialist, April 2009-Present
- Assist Vice President of Media and Brand Strategy in brand development, including business plan & sales strategy development. Create presentations, design web/print ads and outdoor billboards for clients. This volunteer position provides a unique opportunity to network and remain focused while seeking employment.
CBS3, (KYW-TV), CBS Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
Marketing Specialist, January 2001-December 2008
- Assist two Sales Marketing Managers and a professional sales staff of 14 in preparing and producing business proposals. Products created helped expand market share. Coordinator for "Broadcast Plaza" events. Liaison between contest winners and station for sales related contests. Created, maintained, developed and produced sales media. Researched and created KYW-TV Media Kit. Layout and design of various promotional items and client invitations to events e.g. "Lights for the Cure", as well as certificates for Station Tours, "Orr at the Shore" and Late Night with David Letterman. Brand ambassador at Survivor/Amazing Race/Big Brother, "KidCaster" and CW Philly Top Model Casting Calls. Work closely with Research, Programming and Communications/Public Relations departments. Uploaded and monitored documents on Sharepoint as well entry of Solbright internet insertion orders. Photographer for all sales related events as well as many station events e.g. Race for the Cure, Alex's Lemonade Stand Phone Bank, guest interviews/appearances. Support sister stations The CW Philly Marketing & Promotions departments and WYSP-FM sales and other duties as assigned.
Greater Media, Inc. Philadelphia, PA
Desktop Specialist/Sales Assistant, WEJM-FM (95.7 Jammin' Gold), 1999-2001
- Assisted General Sales Manager and a professional sales staff of seven in preparing and producing business proposals. Product expanded marketplace and increased credibility with the public. Maintained and updated account lists, station research information and media kits. Created, developed and produced all sales media as well as in-house forms and staff ID/passes for station events. Worked closely with WEJM Creative and Promotions departments as well as Greater Philadelphia Radio Group (GPRG) Graphic Designer. Provided support to WMMR-FM, WMGK-FM, WPEN-AM and Greater Media Marketing with desktop publishing. Updated jammingold957.com photo page. Also supported GPRG administration, traffic, programming and promotions departments and other duties as assigned. Back up for Graphic Designer & Mailroom Clerk.
Executive Sales Assistant/Desktop Specialist, WXXM-FM (Max 95.7), 1997-1999
- Assisted General Sales Manager and a professional sales staff of nine in preparing, producing and presenting business proposals. Maintained and updated account lists, station research information and media kits. Produce all sales media as well as in-house forms and staff ID/passes for station events. Worked closely with Promotion Director. Interact with clients in absence of Account Executives. Responsible for metering of outgoing mail. Interim Office Manager. Also provided support for administration, traffic, programming and promotions departments.
Sales Assistant, WFLN-FM, 1996-1997
- Assisted General Sales Manager and a professional sales staff of seven in preparing and producing business proposals. Maintained and updated account lists, station research information and media kits. Interacted with clients in absence of Account Executives. Also provided support for administration and traffic departments as well as back up for Administrative Assistant.
Naval Station Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Public Affairs Specialist, 1993-1996
- Provided a comprehensive marketing program for the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department. Liaison with managers, key staff personnel and naval base agencies. Conducted indoctrinations onboard ships in port as well as Family Services Center. Arranged news releases, fliers and posters to maximize participation in department activities. Wrote feature stories regarding programs and facilities. Programming of monthly Club activities and assisting in programming of Fleet Recreation daily activities. Design and layout of department activities page in weekly base newspaper, as well as monthly department newsletter. Coordinated publicity of events through base newspaper, Plan of the Day and base TV station. Department photographer. Also in-house printing of tickets, brochures and other publications. Delegated work and supervision of one full-time employee, as well as coordinating demands of facility managers, department director and others in chain of command.
- Design of logos, T-shirts for special events and coordinated first-class bulk mailing and other duties as assigned.
PowerPoint, Word, data input, office equipment and design.
If you have a position or job lead for Andrea, please contact her at about.me/AndreaRegustersFox