AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Kara Schultz
Location: New Jersey
Time Unemployed: 0 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Media and Film, with a concentration in Broadcasting and an emphasis in Radio and Television Production, May 2008. I also received AERHS National Broadcasting Honors. As a versatile Media and Film student, I began working for Clear Channel Radio New York in May 2008, along with being an on-air television correspondent for Kean University for sporting and entertainment events. I am currently working for Sony Music Entertainment as a New Releases Quality Control Analyst. I feel I would be a great asset to your company and wish to be considered for a position.
As you can see from my resume, I am an aspiring sports and entertainment broadcast journalist and I am anxious to broaden my knowledge in all facets of the industry. I have had exposure to both sports and entertainment industries behind and in front of the scenes for major radio broadcasts. Over the past few years I have worked closely with some of the most respected on air talents in the Radio Broadcasting industry including: Elvis Duran and the Morning Show, Maria Milito, Ken Dashow, Gerry Martire and Marc Coppola. After interning in college for Elvis Duran and the Morning show, I then began working as a Marketing/Promotions Associate and Contest Coordinator for Clear Channel Radio New York. I worked backstage at major events such as Jingle Ball, Zootopia, private corporate events and a private Billy Joel concert. I also worked part time as a sports sideline correspondent and entertainment reporter for Kean University. Prior to that, I interned for WFAN Sports Radio 66, which gave me a great insight into the sports radio world.
While helping to organize major events as a Marketing Coordinator for Clear Channel radio in New York, along with working for Sony Music Entertainment, I have had the opportunity to be able to work with a variety of companies on a regular basis. My past experiences have given me the ability to multitask in high pressure situations, especially involving live broadcasts. I am willing to go beyond what is required of me and look forward to learning from those around me. Thank you for taking the time out to look over my resume. I hope to hear from you soon.
Kean University: Union, N.J.
- Bachelor of Arts – Media and Film with an emphasis in Broadcasting
- AERHS National Broadcasting Honor Society
- May 2008
2010 to Present Sony Music Entertainment
New Release QC Analyst
- Providers for product delivery assessments
- Monitor all online copy written material for Sony Music Entertainment
- Participated in turnover of music videos from YouTube to VEVO
- Carry out copyright infringement law on Sony Music products and deliveries
May 2008 to January 2009 Clear Channel Communications WAXQ104.3, WHTZ100
Marketing Associate/Contesting Coordinator
- Devised and executed strategic contesting to accommodate client and internal initiatives
- Produced and managed on-site events for key advertisers and internal initiatives
- Coordinated all station contests, prize fulfillment, and web site promotions
- Assisted Director of Promotions with every day office duties
- Enhanced external partnerships with outside vendors, movie contacts, record labels
- Assisted hosts and producers for live broadcasts of Q104.3 Rock & Roll Road Show
- Assisted Artists Meet and Greets at Z100's Jingle Ball
- Set up and break down all client related events
January 2007 to May 2008 90.3 WKNJ, Kean University, Department of Media & Film
on-air Entertainment and Sports reporter
- Managed on-air talent and studio production
- Produced and hosted "Complete Chaos" with Kara Marie
- Edited on-air promos, and PSA announcements
September 2005 to November 2008 KUTV
Student Station Manager
- Game announcer for Women's Soccer and Field Hockey
- Color Commentary for Men's and Women's Soccer and Filed Hockey
- Interviewed New York Yankees Pitcher Mariano Rivera
- Hosted Kean University's Homecoming, Family Day, Lalanobooza, Scholarship Ceremony
- Interviewed R&B singer Lloyd and Rock group Cartel
Final Cut Suite, DVD Studio, Soundtrack Pro, Microsoft Office Suite
If you have a job lead for Kara, please contact her at about.me/KaraSchultz.