AOL Jobs Week Resume Contest Winner: Leigh Richards
Location: Royal Oak, Mich.
Job: Fashion Merchandising
Time Unemployed: 1 month
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I am a very hard worker, outgoing, friendly and want to succeed in my career
To obtain a job with an innovative fashion retailer where I can provide value while utilizing and further developing my skills in the fashion merchandising industry.
Western Michigan University: Kalamazoo, Mich. May 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Textile and Apparel Studies
American InterContinental University: London, UK June-July 2008
- Fashion Program
December 2008; January 4-8, 2010, June 1, 2010- Dec 2010 Parigi Group Ltd: New York, NY
- Oversaw merchandise at three national retailers, in over 20 stores and three states – includes managing inventory, presenting merchandise, promoting sales, identifying opportunities, and reporting to headquarters.
August 2003-Current Beverly Hills Club: Beverly Hills, MI
Front Desk Clerk
- Responsibilities included answering phones, membership check-in, managing cash register, organizing tennis schedules, handling member complaints, and assisting in secretarial work.
March 2009-Aug. 2009 Forever 21: Portage, MI
- Responsibilities included assisting customers with merchandise, setting up store displays, organizing store merchandise, and continuing to gain leadership and communication skills while working with a team of employees.
MODA (Merchandising Opportunities Design Association)
- Executive Board Member, Public Relations Committee, Aug 2007 - 2010
If you have a job lead for Leigh, you can contact her at about.me/LeighRichards