AOL Jobs Week Resume Winner: Paulette Long
Location: Douglasville, GA
Job: Marketing Professional
Time Unemployed: 2 years
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
Seasoned marketing professional with 15 years of marketing management experience has reputation for quality work, and delivers on time and within budget. Through a cohesive team approach, meets corporate training, marketing, sales and customer relations objectives, resulting in increased market share and profitability. Multi-tasks effectively under pressure while leveraging creative thinking to meet client and business needs. Green Belt Certified, proven problem solving, and project management skills.
To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, retail/sales background, and ability to work well with people.
- Master's Degree: Art-of-Education (Instructional Design)
- Bachelor's Degree: Business Administration
- Six Sigma Certified – Green Belt
GE MONEY, Alpharetta, GA
Marketing Manager, Aug 2006 – Feb 2009
- Executed and project managed 200+ promo setups, resulting in over $1B in promo sales.
- Designed and enhanced a digitized support central promo workflow and tracker to improve accuracy rate by 98.9%, eliminate redundant emails, reduced defects opportunities, and serve as a centralized tracking device for clients' request.
- Completed 8 process improvement initiatives, exceeding set goals by 20%.
- Trained clients on promo workflow process to ensure a flawless execution on promo requests
- Managed promo process for IKEA, Belk, eBay, HSN, Lord & Taylor, and Dillard's
Marketing Specialist, Jan 2000 – Feb 2007
- Managed $3.4M marketing budget, while preparing monthly client billing
- Provided support and input in all phases of cross-sell & credit card attrition by defining customer needs, translating needs to requirements, executing programs, providing training to 125 phone bank employees, analyzing program results, and developing a rewards & recognition program for associates
- Executed 24 Acquisition (prescreens) and Life Cycle (postcards) direct mail campaigns resulting in more than 19 million pieces of mail
Customer Service Manager, Jan 1999 – Jan 2000
- Supervised team of 25 phone bank employees to identify and implement strategies to improve profitability, productivity, service quality, and portfolio control. Evaluated each employee for job performance and career development
- Ensured contractual service levels and quality standards were met by coaching and providing constant feedback to phone bank employees
- et and attained goals using team/participative management approach. Cultivated environment of mutual trust, teamwork, ownership, and engagement
Prior experience includes quality control, account supervision, and office manager work 1987-2000 in diverse industries such as finance, banking and home building.
- Training and Staff Development
- Customer Relations
- Public Relations/Corporate Communications
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, and Project
- Proficiency with, SPSS, and Business Objects Reporting Tools
If you have a job lead for Paulette , please contact her at about.me/paulletteGA.