AOL Jobs Week Resume Winner: Jacinta Cobb
Location: Columbia, SC
Job: Direct Sales/Mentor
Time Unemployed: 0 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I'm at the point in my life where I'd like to just have ONE full-time job instead of 2 or 3 part times. I have experience in several different job fields from administrative/office clerk to animal shelter and makeup counters. I believe that these experiences have resulted in me being a well-rounded individual! I'm a hard worker, outgoing, and can be a leader or a follower, a team player or fly solo!
To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, retail/sales background, and ability to work well with people.
August 2005-August 2008: University of South Carolina Columbia, SC
- Bachelor's degree in Dance with emphasis on performance/choreography. Minor in Sociology
- Former member of USC Dance Company and Vibrations Dance Company
- Maintained a 3.1 GPA
September 2004-June 2005: California State University Los Angeles, CA
- Dance major
- Attended through the National Student Exchange Program
- Maintained a 3.7 GPA
August 2003-May 2004: College of Charleston Charleston, SCA
- Dance minor
- Life Scholarship receiver
Present Products, Inc. Columbia, SC
- Part-time position, flexible schedule, no set hours.
- Work closely with a team of 300 reps in the NC/SC area to help build individual and team sales.
- Plan events and rep trainings in the local area and areas close to reps on my team.
- Attended the first national mentor training held by the mark. executives in NYC
Feb 2009-Oct 2010 Products, Inc. via Spherion Columbia, SC
- Full time work-from-home position, some travel required.
- Contacted leads on a daily basis to answer questions about the mark. Representative opportunity.
- Traveled to schools in the mark. College Program to recruit.
- Made bonus in 1st and 2nd quarters of 2010.
March 2007-January 2010 MAC Cosmetics Columbia, SC
Freelance/Part-time makeup artist
- Assisted clients with customer service, skincare, and cosmetics.
- Makeovers and artistry for special events.
- Attended Basic, a week long training intensive in which the most intricate of cosmetic techniques were taught.
Very familiar and comfortable with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Web/internet savvy (especially with social networks), type 70 WPM.
If you have a job lead for Jacinta, please contact her at about.me/jacintacobb.