AOL Jobs Week Resume Winner: Constance Giardina
Location: Binghamton, N.Y.
Job: Elementary & Special Education teacher
Time Unemployed: 3 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I have always taken part in any professional development opportunities that have been offered to me. I feel that when I take part in these opportunities I continue to grow as a professional educator.
I believe I bring creativity, talent, and experience, which will enrich your program and help make it one where children can grow, learn, and prosper.
Seeking a personally and professionally challenging position in the educational field.
2000-2003 Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, N.Y
- Master's of Science, Special and Elementary Education
1980-1983 State University College, Oneonta, N.Y.
- Bachelors of Science, General Studies
1975-1979 Broome Community College, Binghamton, N.Y.
- Associates in Applied Science, Early Childhood Education
- N.Y. State -- Childhood Education-Birth-2nd grade & grades 1-6
- N.Y. State -- Children with Disabilities-Birth-2nd grade & grades 1-6
November 2009-October 2010 St. Matthews Head Start, Ossining, NY
After school Teacher
- Assisted children ages 5-11 with homework, planning activities and educational field trips when school is not in session
September 2008-November 2009 Easter Seals of NY, Bronx, NY
Special Education Preschool Teacher
- Responsible for planning and implementing lessons and goals for an integrated preschool classroom
February 2005- September 2008 Books and Rattles Inc., Middle Village, NY
Special Education Pre-school Teacher
- Planned and implemented lessons, goals, and writing reports for an integrated preschool classroom
May 2004-December 2004 St James Park Day Care and School, Bronx, NY
- Planned activities, assisted staff in planning a curriculum, creating a lending library and newsletter for two toddler classrooms, three preschool classrooms and one kindergarten class
November 2001-April 2004 St. Matthews Head Start, Westcop Ossining, NY
- Responsible for assisting in the planning of activities, assessments, and lessons in a Head Start preschool setting
September 2000-November 2001 The Child Care Center of Stamford , Stamford CT
- Responsible for the planning, implementing, and assessing various learning activities for a Head Start preschool classroom
August 1998-September 2000 Stamford Corporate Child Care, Stamford, CT
- Responsible for the planning and implementing learning activities for a toddler classroom.
November 1996-August 1998 Planned Community Living, Tarrytown, NY
- Provided assistance in activities of daily living to mentally ill adults
April 1994-September 1996 Step by Step, Montrose, PA
Community Support Specialist
- Responsible for providing community and social services for a caseload of 5-7 mentally ill adults
March 1992-April 1994 The Children's Unit, Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY,
- Responsible for providing intensive training for children who display severe learning and/or behavioral handicaps including children with Autism.
Excellent writing skills, good with children, knowledge of creative curriculum practices, and Universal PreK practices.
If you have a position or job lead for Connie, please contact her at: about.me/ConstanceGiardina