AOL Jobs Week Resume Winner: Betty Sheehan
Industry: Health Care
Job: Office Manager
Time Unemployed: 7 months
What do you want your potential employer to know about you?
I have been in health care for 19 years. I have knowledge in all areas of private practice. In the years I have only had two employers, so I am a loyal employee. People person is a part of who I am. My energy and enthusiastic personality seems to help in the office. Respect for the doctor is the primary concern of mine, this is a must! With the respect between you and the Dr's you are able to get the most from your employees. A happy employee is an inspiration for any office. The first person they see must have the personality to do the job RIGHT. The office manager must be able to solve all office issues with personal and patients. Respect everyone for what they do that is how you start the base and it grows from there.
To obtain a position with a company where I can utilize and continue to develop my health care, organizational and professional skills, and contribute to the growth and success of a medical based organization.
- High School and some college
- 19 yrs in health care all aspects
- HIPPA training
- CPR certification.
2005- June 2010 Enfield Dermatology | Dr. Sharon Christie
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office, including patients, staff, supplies, scheduling and overall care of the facilities. This included monitoring supplies, hardware and software, office processes including billing and coding procedures, maintaining staff administrative needs, training, salaries, reviews, hiring, payroll operations, the development of marketing strategies as well as accounting for all financial needs of the practice.
1991- 2005 ProHealth Physicians | Dr. Gerald Calnen
- Responsibilities included billing and coding for all services and insurance providers for services rendered by pediatrician and staff, Scheduling appointments, completing and administering referrals. In addition, handle all billing and collection processing with insurance companies and patients. Have worked with insurance companies on coverage and eligibility issues and questions, and act as backup to the office manager-handling payroll and administrative responsibilities in her absence.
1979–1984 Finast Corporation | Windsor Locks, CT
- Responsibilities included administrative office duties in the shipping and receiving department. Responsibilities including processing incoming and outgoing order, insuring timeliness and accuracy.
Able to multi task! Any small office (under 15) must multi task. The manager needs to have the ability to do all of the jobs in the office. With that said, you can run and organize the office, prioritize what needs to be done and what can wait. Patients are your first concern. If they are happy you will grow! I have an ability to speak to many people and understand their needs. Work with this and it will change the attitude of all around you. Anger festers, I do not let that happen! Happiness happens with the first smile; these are key to make the jobs of everyone grow.
If you have a job lead for Betty, please contact her at about.me/BettySheehan.