In a recent update, Zynga has pushed through a change in the way news feed or wall post items work in FarmVille. Previously, anyone who had installed FarmVille on their account (whether they were still playing or not) would see these news feed posts, offering up any number of free goodies in the game.
As any farmer can tell you, these wall posts are great, as it helps you earn items that you may not be able to earn anywhere else, but are, obviously, only useful and interesting if you actually play the game. That being the case, Zynga has changes this so that now, when you publish something to the public news feed, it will only be shown to active farmers - those farmers that regularly play the game, and would therefore get something out of those posts. Those farmers that haven't played for some time (no exact time limit was given), or those users that don't play the game at all won't see a thing.
What does this mean in the grand scheme of things? First and foremost, it means that if you are in the habit of posting each and every item that you're allowed to, you no longer have to worry about spamming friends that simply don't care about the game anymore - so post away! If your friends choose not to play the game, eventually they too will fall into the hidden category, and all will remain well in the world of spam and FarmVille news feed posts.
Now, if we can only get Zynga to do something about gift requests as well... but I guess that's for another time.
What do you think of this new privacy initiative from Zynga? Do you like knowing that only active players will see your posts from now on, or do you like sharing your level-up news and goodies with all of your friends? Let us know in the comments.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- TikTok shows you how to take your pumpkin spice latte to the next l…
- Over 5,500 Amazon shoppers love this gel nail kit — and it’s under $40
- This perfume smells like an expensive hotel lobby in the best way
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!