Ever get sick of refreshing your News Feed for free items in your favorite Facebook games, but can't quite see yourself using one of those third party applications? An Adobe engineer named Charles Bihis has created an Adobe Air-based desktop application that syncs with your Facebook account to update you of anything on Facebook that would generate a News Feed post. It's called simply Facebook Desktop and it's available for free. While it doesn't seem like gaming was his motivation for the project from what he told WebPro News, there's no reason why it couldn't be used for just that.
Using Facebook Desktop could notify you of those one-time use News Feed posts from your friends in games like FarmVille and FrontierVille as they happen in real time. Forget popping over to the tab you have open for Facebook and pressing the F5 key over and over again. However, if you're going to actually make use of that free Chicken that your friendly neighborhood farmer is offering, you'll have to log into Facebook and then the relevant game to do so, obviously. But hey, at least you can be in the know that much faster.
[Via All Facebook]
Are you considering trying out Facebook Desktop for your social gaming needs? Would you download a similar application if it had more uses for social games? Sound off in the comments. Add Comment.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This $20 Target top is so cute and comfy, I bought it in three colo…
- 7 mini backpacks cute enough to ditch handbags for good
- 6 of the best hair oils, according to a beauty editor
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Do You Know the Fastest Way to Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card