Facebook games are a fun way to pass the time, but only if you're not neglecting your obligations in the real world. Shannon Johnson of Fort Lupton, Colorado is going to be arraigned Friday for the drowning of her 13-month-old son. The cause? The mother left her son alone last September in the bathtub while she played Cafe World and multitasked on Facebook.
Johnson stated that she didn't want her baby to become a "mamma's boy" and that he was an independent child who liked to be left alone. She also said that the water may have been higher than usual that day. The boy was pulled from the bathtub after being left alone for approximately 3 minutes. Johnson discovered him lying sideways with his face underneath the water. After being rushed to the hospital, the 1 year old boy was pronounced dead at 4:30 p.m.
This isn't the first time we have heard of a Facebook game being involved in a child's neglect or murder. Last October, Alexandra Tobias plead guilty to shaking her child to death for crying while she tried to play FarmVille.
(via Denver ABC News)
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.03% APR (15 yr)
- Forget Your 401k if you Own a Home (Do This)
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- 5 three-ingredient summer slushies: ‘That looks so refreshing!’
- Mom is praised for huge, ‘beautiful’ blended family with ex-husband: ‘…
- This father-daughter sing-a-long has TikTok beaming: ‘I was having a b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!