Beef Recalled Over E. Coli Fears Sold at Harris Teeter, Costco and Other Stores
The USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service released a list of retailers today that carried the Nature's Harvest beef products recalled by First Class Foods Inc. The California company pulled about 34,373 pounds of ground beef and beef patties off shelves last week. So far, there have been no reports of consumers sickened from eating the beef.Included in the retail list are:
- Some Costco stores in California and Hawaii
- All Fresh and Easy stores in Arizona, California and Nevada
- Some Gelsons stores in California
- All Harris Teeter stores in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- All Price Chopper stores in Vermont, Pennsylvania, New York Maryland and Connecticut
- Some Shoprite stores in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- All Wakefern franchises -- PriceRite and ShopRite -- in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, e. coli can cause severe stomach cramps, diarrhea and vomiting and potentially life threatening infections in more severe cases.