FarmVille Holiday Tree: Everything you need to know
You'll know when you've gotten your own Holiday Tree as you will immediately be in Placement Mode upon logging into the game. Put the tree where you see fit (next to another Holiday building would be a fine spot) and click on it to "Look Inside" like every other interactive item. (Newbie Warning: You must be Level 5 to grow your Holiday Tree, so get to leveling up about... now.)
Check after the break to find out what happens when you "Look Inside" the 2010 Holiday Tree.
Like other gifting event items, the Holiday Tree will grow and become more ornate as you feed it gifts. Eventually, your farm will be regaled with a massive Christmas Tree with a golden duck resting on top as the star (how fitting). This time around, you're also able to compare your progress with your friends', adding some slight competition to Christmas in FarmVille.
* Harvesting your (or your neighbor's) Winter Workshop.
* Requesting a Holiday Gift from your neighbors directly (by clicking on the "Ask for Gifts" button).
* Receive a Holiday Gift from a neighbor who uses the Free Gifts page.
* Purchase 5 Holiday Gifts at a time by clicking on the "Buy Gifts" button (for 5 Farm Cash).
* Click on a Holiday Gift-related feed where you can receive a Holiday Gift.
We imagine that, like last year, the gifted Presents will be randomized and not what players will find within their own Holiday Trees. Stay tuned right here for when that information becomes available as we'll be on it like white on snow. Until then, get those Holiday Trees ready--you only have two weeks until the big day.
[Source: FarmVille Blog]
Find the rest of our Holiday 2010 coverage right here.
Check out the rest of our FarmVille Cheats & Tips right here.
What do you think of this year's Holiday Tree? Will you give your gifts first or get them? Be honest! Sound off in the comments. Add comment.