In this week's installment of the official FarmVille podcast, FarmVille Community Manager Lexilicious gave us a new sneak peek of items and features that will be coming to FarmVille in the near future.
The biggest news coming from this edition of the FarmVille podcast is an official confirmation that the holiday collection event will take place through a Holiday Tree. However, for those expecting an identical feature to last year's event, there will be some changes that have taken place this year. Like last year, you will need to collect Holiday presents and then place them into your tree. As you add more gifts, the tree will grow and change in appearance.
However, unlike last year, these presents can be turned in for a series of new decorative (or perhaps even functional - that remains to be seen) items once you've collected enough presents to trade them in for these items. This makes the Holiday Tree event almost identical to the other collection events that have taken place this year. For those wondering how this differs from last year, each present in 2009 was its own individual gift. There were no items to trade in for - instead, we were forced to wait until December 24, when we could open each present we have been given individually, for a series of holiday themed decorations, animals, and the like.
Additionally, once the Holiday Tree has been released in the game, you will be able to collect free presents from the Winter Workshop, just as we collected free candy from the Haunted House in the Halloween collection event.
When you redeem your presents for collection items, you'll be able to pick which friends you'd specifically like to share and extra present with, rather than just sharing one for the first person who happens to click on it on your wall. Players who participate in this event will also receive a very special present from Zynga at some point, but little other details were announced.
Finally, a new "Snowman" feature will be coming to the game in the future. This feature will allow users to have snowball fights with their friends on their farms. With all of that snow flying around, you'll soon receive a large pile of snow which you can transform into a Snowman, that will eventually dance for you, if you can find the right item to make it do so. This sounds like a Frosty the Snowman reference - could we collect his Top Hat to make him dance? We'll see in the coming days and weeks.
If you'd like to hear the complete Podcast, which includes a recap of recent releases, you can listen to it in its entirety at the top of this post. Note: There is no music in this installment, which explains the silence at the beginning of the video. Don't distress - this is an accurate video.
Check out the rest of our Holiday 2010 coverage right here.
Which feature are you most looking forward to seeing in FarmVille - the Holiday Tree, or the Dancing Snowman? Sound off on both of these upcoming features in the comments. Add comment
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.03% APR (15 yr)
- Forget Your 401k if you Own a Home (Do This)
- Make the Switch from a 30 to 15 Year Mortgage
- 5 three-ingredient summer slushies: ‘That looks so refreshing!’
- Mom is praised for huge, ‘beautiful’ blended family with ex-husband: ‘…
- This father-daughter sing-a-long has TikTok beaming: ‘I was having a b…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!