FarmVille and other Facebook games are generally considered 'social,' and while that is true in some regards, it doesn't exactly replicate that face-to-face experience you get when you sit down to play cards or a board games with friends and family. Today's 'social' games are social in the same way that sending a text is social -- you send each other messages and respond (or don't) at your convenience.
MyYearbook, a social network geared for young teens, has announced a new 'Live' initiative, which aims to recreate that playing-games-around-the-table feel by letting you see and talk to the people you're playing games with via live chat. Except, instead of playing a game with people you know, this service is designed to get you to play games with people you don't know (and might get to know, because, well, they're cute and/or you just played five hours of UNO online together).
"We bring together players of similar age, gender, and location to harness the natural serendipity of playing Live games," says MyYearbook CEO Geoff Cook," something familiar to anyone who has ever made a friend on the basketball court, at a card table or at a pool hall."
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tr…
- Key 30-year mortgage rate stays low, refinancing window still open
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Can you refinance with $0 out of pocket?
- Refinance rates at 2.02% APR. Calculate your rate now
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Loving the plush purse trend? Shop 5 styles for under $20 at Amazon
- Don’t miss your chance to score a pair of Reebok’s cult-favorite Club …
- TikToker shares a cool science experiment for kids that you can do in …
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Make Money Moves With These Cards in 2021