We've been keeping tabs on the new Candy Cane crop in FarmVille over the past few weeks, and are happy to report that the crop is now available to grow in the game!
As we've told you, this crop is a premium crop, that can be grown only by those who purchase a permit to do so. 100% of the proceeds earned through the purchase of permits to grow the Candy Canes will go to support the UCSF Benoiff Children's Hospital.
As with previous charity crops in FarmVille, you can purchase the permit for one of three Farm Cash amounts, depending on how much you'd personally like to donate to the charity. The increments are 25, 55, and a whopping 240 Farm Cash. Regardless of which permit you buy, they will all allow you to receive a 1 week permit to plant as many of these seeds as you wish. The Candy Canes cost 15 coins to plant, and are harvestable for 100 coins a square just four hours later. You'll earn 2 experience points for every square of the Candy Canes that you plant.
The Candy Cane crop can be mastered (you will earn a mastery sign if you do so to three stars - the first star is earned at 500 harvests), and they will never wither, regardless of how long you leave them unattended.
As of this writing, there is no expiration date listed alongside the Candy Canes, in terms of how long you have to purchase the permit from the time of its release. A good guess, though, would be that it will be available to purchase for as long as the holiday celebration lasts in FarmVille, presumably until the end of the year.
Check out the rest of our Holiday 2010 coverage right here.
Will you purchase the permit to plant Candy Canes in FarmVille? Are you doing so just to benefit charity, or because you want to show off an exclusive new mastery sign to your friends? Share you thoughts on this feature in the comments.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The most delicious and loaded baked potato recipes on TikTok
- Mom’s fudgy lactation brownies are a hit with TikTok: ‘This is going t…
- Mom ‘can’t stop laughing’ when daughter doesn’t know how to use her bi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!