Woman Wears Bikini Through LAX Airport Security
Corinne Theile tells NBC-LA she's not part of any organized protest, but does object to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) policies on passenger screening.
"It's not that I'm concerned, it's that I feel like the TSA is making travelers feel uncomfortable, and I feel like we can have security measures that don't make people feel uncomfortable," she says.
The bikini, she adds, seemed a logical solution to avoiding those measures.
"I'm hoping by wearing a bikini they will see everything they need to see and we can avoid a pat-down," Theile tells the TV station before opening her coat to display a black two-piece.
"Every time I go through security I always say, 'I don't even know why I got dressed this morning.' I end up taking off belts, jewelry and everything else off anyway," Theile says.
So how did the TSA at LAX react?
Theile reports the TSA agents got a laugh out of her outfit.
"The woman looked at me and said, 'Girl, you wearing a bikini. Come right through.' She had a big smile on her face," Theile says. "I think this might be the way I travel from here on out. So, we'll see."
- Virgin America and Southwest Top Zagat Survey [AOL Travel]
- Powerless Cruise Ship Finally Reaches San Diego[Huffington Post]
- 10 More Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You[Reader's Digest]
- 2010 Photo Contest Winners & Viewer's Favorites (Amazing Pics)[National Geographic]
- World's Most Beautiful Lakes (Top 10 Picks)[Budget Travel]
Photo, Ted Percival, flickr