Five Tips for an Affordable Myrtle Beach Vacation
Still, it's quite possible to enjoy an affordable Myrtle Beach vacation that the whole family can enjoy. Follow these five cost-saving tips:
1. Try off or shoulder season. Even in winter, temperatures in Myrtle Beach are moderate. So why fight the crowds between Memorial Day and Labor Day? Your affordable Myrtle Beach vacation can still be a beach-worthy one anytime from early May into mid or late October.
2. Consider a condo. If you're visiting with family or for more than a few days, consider opting for a private home or condo. In general, per-night prices are less than a hotel, and the ability to prepare at least a few meals per day in the privacy of your own kitchen can really lower the cost of your trip. Still feel the urge to hit the town? Head out post-dinner for a stroll down the boardwalk and a trip to Painter's homemade ice cream.
3. Play the buffet. Myrtle Beach, like Las Vegas, is famous for its buffets. For under $20, you can often fill up even the heftiest of appetites.
4. Hit the beach. It's free -- and the 60+ miles of pure, white sand along the Grand Strand are among the country's best. Hunt for shells, make like a kid and have a sandcastle contest, or simply enjoy time in the sun. The beach is your best bet for an affordable Myrtle Beach vacation.
5. Be a savvy shopper. Want to spend your rainy day shopping? Don't worry about breaking the bank -- visit the Gaffney Premium Outlets, just a short ride away, to save more than 40% on many brand names at stores like Brooks Brothers, Waterford and J. Crew. Even your souvenirs can be an affordable part of your Myrtle Beach vacation.