Treasure Isle Fishing: Everything You Need to Know
- Be at Level 7.
- Spend 3,500 Coins for the Strong Fishing Pole.
- 12 Energy for each time you fish.
- Pay between 625 Coins to 25 Island Cash for batches of fishing bait.
You need to be at Level 7 because if you're not, you can't buy the Strong Fishing Pole from the store and you won't be able to receive fish as gifts. Right now, there are 4 kinds of bait in the game (though luckily, the game starts you off with 3 of each kind, so you get a dozen free bait to begin):
- Basic Bait needed for Muddy Waters; costs 6,250 Coins for a batch of 25.
- Good Bait needed for Stony Waters; 25,000 Coins for a batch of 25.
- Special Bait needed for Lush Waters; 9 Island Cash for a batch of 5.
- Magic Bait needed for Rainbow Waters; 25 Island Cash for a batch of 5.
The Big One - 250 Energy - Never expires!
Swordfish - 100 Energy - 2 days
Yellowfin Tuna - 60 Energy - 2 days
Catfish - 30 Energy - 2 days
Salmon - 22 Energy - 2 days
Mahi Mahi - 19 Energy - 2 days
Sea Bass - 16 Energy - 3 days
Red Snapper - 13 Energy - 3 days
Rainbow Trout - 10 Energy - 3 days
Sardine - 7 Energy - 3 days
Anchovy - 4 Energy - 3 days
Each of these fish also comes with a mastery bar. Each mastery bar lets you know how many of each fish you've caught, the rarity of the fish, and in what environments you can find the fish.
Mastery Level 1: Bananas (10 Energy)
Mastery Level 2: Mangoes (15 Energy)
Mastery Level 3: Pineapples (25 Energy)
Mastery Level 4: Dragonfruit (45 Energy)
Verdict: Based on everything here, it's easy to tell that Zynga put a lot of thought into setting this up. And even though there's no finesse involved in the fishing, since all you do is click one spot over and over again, this still remains pretty fun due to the variety and randomness of the item drops.
But it's obvious that fishing costs a lot of energy -- more energy than it takes to go treasure-hunting. And lastly, most the fish can expire if you leave them in storage for too long, in the same way that the fruits do. What would be nice is if there was an option to put the fish in cold storage.