Mortgage Loans: Applications Keep Rising
The Refinance Index rose 6.0 percent from last week and the seasonally adjusted Purchase Index grew 5.5 percent from the previous week, reports the Mortgage Bankers Association.
The conventional purchase index rose 5.4 percent, on a seasonally adjusted basis, its best showing since May of this year. It's also worth noting that all of this has occurred without a significant change in interest rates.
For more insight on mortgages and refinancing see these AOL Real Estateguides:
- Mortgage Jargon in Simple Terms
- How to Get a Low Mortgage Rate
- Four Ways to Benefit From a Cash-In Refinance
- Refinancing Do's and Don'ts
- Time to Refinance? 4 Questions to Ask
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Get property tax help from our experts.