One of the world's most popular characters is turning 25, and our friends at Nintendo invited us to a party at the Nintendo World Store this weekend to celebrate with Mario and his creator, Shigeru Miyamoto.
Hundreds of Nintendo fans lined up in front of the newly-relaunched Nintendo World Store, some donning costumes from Mario to Luigi, Princess Peach and even Fire Mario. Nintendo treated their devoted fans to a cake-cutting ceremony with Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aime who had the crowd rocking as he introduced Nintendo's famed developer and father of Mario, Shigeru Miyamoto, to take the first slice of the Super Mario-inspired cake.
Miyamoto and his Mario games have sold over 210 million units, and still has games coming out on the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS, including the upcoming Super Mario All-Stars on Wii.
It's always great to see the smiles and throngs of fans come out for a gaming event, and we hope more gaming companies take a cue from this Mario party. Head over to Joystiq for more coverage of Mario's 25th Anniversary party!
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Fashion and footwear blogger has a massive collection of ‘unusual’ …
- Mom furious over ‘ridiculous’ daycare conditions threatens to switch: …
- Here are 5 of the best black faux leather leggings to wear when you wa…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021