Qantas Experiences More Engine Trouble
Associated Press is reporting Channel News Asia quoted Qantas as saying the flight from Singapore to Sydney "experienced an issue with its number 1 engine." Flight QF6 was carrying 431 people on board.
Qantas also said as a precaution, the captain of the plane sought priority clearance to return to Singapore. The aircraft landed safely. No details on the exact nature of the problem have been released.
The incident occurred just one day after an Airbus A380 superjumbo jet, also on its way from Singapore to Sydney, was forced to make an emergency landing after one of its four engines suffered a blowout. Debris from the plane were shed onto the Indonesian island of Batam.
Qantas grounded its entire fleet of A380s yesterday, while other airlines with the same engine made checks of their planes.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons
- Amid Safety Concerns, Airlines Will Fly A380s[AOL Travel]
- 13 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You[Reader's Digest]
- 20 Best Islands To Never Leave (Photos)[Huffington Post]
- 99 Coastal Destinations Rated (Great Photos)[National Geographic]
- 20 Ways to Stay Healthy & Safe in a Hotel[Reader's Digest]