Just as we were really starting to fall for the Facebook game Ravenwood Fair from LOLApps, we got a rude awakening when we learned we could no longer share items from the game on our Facebook Wall or send gifts to friends. Turns out, Facebook is punishing the social game developer for leaking user information to ad network and other data mining companies.
For six months, you will not be able to post anything from any LOL Apps game on Facebook, essentially turning off all of the things that make these games 'social,' and in some cases, fun to play.
While privacy on the Internet is no joking matter, do you think that Facebook's punishment is too harsh? Or should they have taken the punishment a step further? Sound off in today's lunchtime poll.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window stays open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Clever daughter immediately schools dad in science challenge: ‘You …
- This simple bodysuit is the perfect fall layering piece – and it’s on …
- This sheet set that has more than 19,000 ratings on Amazon is on sale …
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021