Haven't decided how you're going to pay for your gifts this holiday season? Given that credit has become so difficult -- and expensive -- what about layaway?
It was everywhere in the 1920s and 1930s, but after becoming virtually extinct in the 1980s (when everyone was using credit cards), layaway made a big comeback last year. And many stores -- from Sears and Kmart, which had 3 million layaway customers combined last year, to some high-end boutiques -- are looking to capitalize on its success.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap