Cruise Passengers Arrested With Heroin In Shoes
Diana Hortencia Latigua-Lorenzo, a U.S. citizen, and her brother, Breidy Latigua-Lorenzo, 20, a U.S. permanent resident and citizen of the Dominican Republic were arrested in San Juan, Puerto Rico as they were leaving Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas after a seven-day cruise in the Caribbean.
Customs officials accustomed to looking at signs of nervousness tabbed the duo for a secondary screening but hit pay dirt when a look in the luggage revealed the odd bundle of shoes.
"It just did not seem right that a stylish woman of that age would be taking a cruise with 15 pairs of 20- or 30-year-old men's shoes," said Jeffrey Quinones of the CBP Public Affairs office in San Juan
"It might not have seemed so odd had they been a mix of fashionable women's shoes," said Quinones.
The pair remain in custody according to a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office.
- Telecom Exec Threatens Flight in Denver[AOL Travel]
- 13 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You[Reader's Digest]
- 20 Best Islands To Never Leave (Photos)[Huffington Post]
- 99 Coastal Destinations Rated (Great Photos)[National Geographic]
- 20 Ways to Stay Healthy & Safe in a Hotel[Reader's Digest]