Top 10 Holiday Jobs in Demand
Tis the season to be... hiring? As the holiday season approaches, there has been an uptick in seasonal job openings to help meet the demands of companies expecting an increase in traffic due to the holiday season.
Top 10 seasonal jobs in demand
- Sales Associates. A retail salesperson manages the customer experience. This frequently entails greeting the customer, assessing their needs and helping them find that particular item. Generally associates also help stock, refill, and clean displays and manage financial transactions such as purchases, returns, and refunds.
- Cashiers.Cashiers are responsible for performing monetary transactions by using a cash register. Cashiers interact with customers, ringing up sales, accepting money for items purchased, and assisting customers when there are price discrepancies.
- Customer Service Representatives. Customer service representatives input information about customer questions and complaints into a database and try to resolve the problem or transfer the inquiry to the appropriate department or to a manager who is authorized to do more for the customer.
- Drivers/Package Handlers. Drivers/package handlers transport packages and are continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25-35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs.
- Warehousing Associates. Warehousing associates lift and move, package, ship, receive, and gift-wrap inventory.
- Visual Associates. Visual associates make decisions on how to display merchandise.
- Greeters. Greeters welcome customers, help customers who need assistance, advise customers where to find store items, and clean merchandise.
- Specialty Food Workers. (bakers, meat cutters, cheese specialists) These roles generally include merchandising, ordering, inventory management, customer service, and sales.
- Photographers. Photographers often take pictures for special events such as holiday parties. Many stores and malls hire photographers during the holiday season to take family and child portraits.
- Santas. We all know what this guy does. And he needs to be cloned for the holiday season so he can show up in all those department stores and malls in between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Top 10 companies seeking seasonal workers
-- Find more holiday jobs.