Whether it is your first time in Las Vegas or you visit every few months for a fix of Las Vegas casinos, Sin City is awe-inspiring and amazing. There is nowhere else in the world quite like it.
In this oasis of excess and luxury, what are the top Las Vegas casinos for you to spend some time and win some money? Get ready to hear the constant music of chips hitting the tables, slot machines happily ringing, and the rapid ticking of the roulette wheels as they spin in whatever casino in Vegas you walk into.
Here are our picks for the top 5 Las Vegas Casinos:
– Las Vegas casinos are known for their recognizable design and décor and the MGM Grand is no exception. Enter the building by passing near an 88-foot gold lion and enjoy a massive gaming area including Majestic Lions progressive slots that pay out three-quarters of a million dollars daily. Sit down at a table and play some Blackjack, Pai Gow Poker, or even Casino War. Don't worry if you aren't sure how to play or what the rules are! Have a seat and the knowledgeable and friendly dealers will help you get started. If placing bets on races and sports is more your speed then you will feel right at home in the Race & Sports Book arena. Grab a bite to eat at a variety of fine dining restaurants (such as Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak or the Nob Hill Tavern by Michael Mina) or relax in one of the five pools in the Grand Pool Complex when you need a break from the tables. Be sure to check out The Lion Experience
at MGM Grand, where you can view lions in a custom habitat inside this unique Las Vegas casino.
– With one of the world's most incredible choreographed fountain displays outside, the beauty of the Bellagio continues as you enter one of the most refined of all Las Vegas casinos. Known for Bobby's Poker Room, the highest limit poker action in the world, this Las Vegas casino is a mecca for high rollers and elite players. There is also a high-limit area, Club Prive, for the big boys and girls to play in privacy in an art deco-inspired lounge. If you aren't a high roller, you will still find plenty of opportunity to test your luck at table games like Baccarat or Roulette and over 2,300 slot machines. With your winnings, enjoy a luxurious spa treatment like a Caviar Fusion Facial, or catch the breathtaking show "O" by Cirque de Soleil.
– When entering Las Vegas casinos, you may expect glitz and grandeur, but the Venetian hotel casino will still make your jaw drop. Play poker at one of the 39 tables in one of the largest poker rooms found in any Las Vegas casino, or see if Lady Luck is with you as you sit down and play one of the more than 139 other table games. Take some time while at the Venetian to step away from the casino and enjoy a gondola ride
through the canals and under romantic bridges with your special someone. This is one casino in Vegas where you will want to bring your camera!
– As you've already seen, Las Vegas casinos offer more than just gaming in the buildings you'll visit. At Mandalay Bay, you have the opportunity to view North America's only predator-themed aquarium, the Shark Reef
. There is even a tattoo studio on the property, Mario Barth's Starlight Tattoo, where you can get some new ink before heading to the Burger Bar
for one of the most delicious burgers you may ever eat. When you're ready to get some gaming in, head to this fine Las Vegas casino floor and play any number of table games with calming water flowing around you in a tropical atmosphere. If you are a first-time poker player and aren't ready to jump in the game, we recommend taking advantage of the free poker lessons offered at 2:00pm Monday through Thursday.
– If you want to experience one of Las Vegas' casinos inspired by ancient Rome, then Caesars Palace will suit you perfectly. Spend your day soaking up the sun at the spectacular Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis
, dine in Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill, then head down to one of the most exciting of all Las Vegas casinos. If slots is your game, you'll enjoy a wide variety ranging in denomination from a penny to $500. If you prefer the tables, you will have plenty of opportunity to test your skill at one of the many regular or high-stakes tables available at Caesar's Palace. Photo: Getty Images