Former Disney CEO Michael Eisner plans to make his mark on Facebook with a new game called FameTown, which will launch on November 1.
The game, created by Los Angeles-based developer Diversion, lets you pick a make-believe movie star and then take them from the D-list to the A-list by earning points doing jobs (like meeting the cast and director) and improving their social standing by attending parties or charity events and hiring publicists, agents and assistants to help their career.
Like FarmVIlle and the rest of the lot, FameTown will be free to play but will offer virtual goods that can be purchased using real-life cash.
Napster founder Shawn Fanning is involved in this project, and Eisner is the sole investor in Diversion, giving the company $300,000 to get this project off the ground.
Eisner says FameTown isn't far off from real-life Hollywood, and while that might be the case, but the description sounds like umpteen other games we've been playing on Facebook for a year already. Unless Eisner and friends plan to put a lot of marketing muscle behind this game (much like ESPN is doing with ESPNU), this Tinsel Town simulator sounds like it will have a difficult time breaking into the Facebook gaming A-list.
[Via New York Times, TechCrunch]
- Latest mortgage news: Rates stay low, extending refi opportunity
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- How To Pay Off Your House ASAP (It's So Simple)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 6 versatile coats from Daily Ritual that are worth a purchase
- You can now create your own custom Keurig coffee maker with patterns a…
- Long-distance son disguises himself as ‘nervous’ Carrabba’s waiter to …
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now