Ticket Prices for London Olympics Revealed
But you can get into the ceremony and all other events for as little as $32.
Organizers announced ticket prices for all 26 sports on the Olympic program, and said tickets will go on sale in March. A total of 8.8 million tickets will be available, though 25 percent are reserved for sponsors, et al.
Some 2.5 million of the tickets are priced at $32, and about two-thirds are less than $80, officials said. There will be special "Pay Your Age" pricing for kids.
Of course, premium seats are substantially more -- $1,160 for the men's 100-meters final, for instance.
Every ticket includes a free London travel card worth about $12.
"Our pricing system is affordable and accessible because we want the venues full to the rafters with people who want to be at the greatest show on earth," said organizing committee (LOCOG) chairman Sebastian Coe.
Organizers said they hope to raise about $704 million from ticket sales, about a quarter of the operating budget for the Games.
- AOL TRAVEL LINK[AOL Travel]
- Top 10 Drivers' Drives Around the World[National Geographic]
- Flight Attendants Dance to 'Safety Dance' (Video)[Huffington Post]
- 50 Secrets Your Pilot Will Never Tell You[Reader's Digest]
- 10 Places That Don't Exist, But Should! (Photos)[Lonely Planet]
Photo, gemb1, flickr