Scary Moments As Door Jiggles on BA Flight
There were reports of passengers and crew hanging on to the rear door of the Boeing 747 to keep it closed. But the airline says "at no time was the door open."
BA says the plane, with 296 passengers onboard, returned to the airport as a precaution after a warning light began flashing.
The pilot reportedly flew at unusually low altitude back to Heathrow, as observed on the ground and in the air.
"It wasn't fun. I fly a lot for work and I knew we were flying too low," Hannah Evershed, a passenger on the flight, tells the BBC. "The pilot alerted the cabin crew over the loudspeaker to answer his calls. It all happened quite quickly."
The plane was only in the air 11 minutes, the BBC reports.
Passengers were disembarked normally after a safe landing. But there were also reports of smoke and flames being spotted.
The carrier says it is investigating the incident. Passengers were put on other flights to their destinations.
- 10 Most Haunted Cities in America (Photo Gallery)[Huffington Post]
- Local Taboos That Trip Up Travelers[Fox News]
- Top 10 Foodie Drives Across the Country[National Geographic]
- 10 Ultimate Party Cities Around the Globe (Photos)[Lonely Planet]
- World's Tiniest Tourist Attractions[Conde Nast Traveler]
Photo, chrisparkeuk, flickr