In the next phase of the Zynga Dominion Initiative (kidding, sort of), the social gaming titan behind FarmVille has acquired Dextrose, a Mainz-based German gaming technology company that developed the Aves engine, for an undisclosed amount. The company, now officially Zynga Germany, has used Aves to help other developers create web browser games with high-end graphics, something Zynga will most likely use to improve its games.
However, it's unknown whether Facebook can support the Aves engine. Zynga cryptically said that Dextrose would help the company bring the "best in next-generation gaming technology." It's doubtful that Zynga would buy a company like Dextrose without researching if Facebook can support its engine.
Zynga Germany will be based in Frankfurt and headed by chief technology officer Paul Bakaus, the founder of Dextrose, while co-founder Rocco Di Leo will serve as country manager for Zynga's European arm. First China, then Japan and now Europe? Who's next, Canada?
[Via Venture Beat]
What do you think will come of this acquisition? Could we soon bear witness to much more beautiful farms and frontiers? Speak your mind in the comments. Add Comment.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Walmart is selling a ‘Stranger Things’ cassette player, and yes, it…
- These No. 1 best-selling fleece jackets are less than $25 on Amazon
- Today is the day to upgrade to an Oral-B electric toothbrush — they’re…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021