The state has my father's property and I can't collect it: Help Me, WalletPop!

How do you recover unclaimed property
How do you recover unclaimed property

If you're having a problem with a business,

Consumer Ally can help. Write us at

Q. My husband found out that there are unclaimed funds from his father with the state of New York (actually it is two shares of stock). We have provided the state with death certificates, birth certificates, etc. He is the only child but they want something that is not of public record from the 1960's that states he lived at the address when he purchased the stock. Would you have any suggestions?
-- Lori McNab, Windham, New York