Hotel Kicks Out Travelers Over Bad TripAdvisor Review
Adrian Healey, 33, tells the Blackpool Gazette that he and his girlfriend booked the stay at the Golden Beach hotel in celebration of his recently finishing chemotherapy for testicular cancer.
While at the hotel, Healey says there were issues including a delay in their getting into their room because it was being re-carpeted, but the couple did not complain to the manager.
"Then, on our second evening, he banged on the door and told us to get out, accusing us of writing a review on TripAdvisor, and said he would call the police."
Healey says the police did arrive and he and his girlfriend agreed to leave and drive the 280 miles back to their home.
But the manager refused their request for a refund. "I think it is shocking and people need to know about this," Healey says.
"We advised the couple how to go about getting a refund. This is a civil matter," says a police spokesman.
- New Titanic Anniversary Cruise Announced[AOL Travel]
- Driving Tanks Latest New Zealand Tourist Craze[AOL Travel]
- 10 Wackiest Attractions In the U.S. (Photos)[Huffington Post]
- Pop Quiz: How Much Do You Know About the Grand Canyon?[National Geographic]
- Top 10 Budget Destinations[AskMen]
Photo, David Jones, flickr