Woman Sentenced for Stealing Towels
A court in the Nigerian capital of Abuja has convicted the woman of stealing two towels and an iron from the Transcorp Hilton Abuja. She was ordered to pay about $20 or spend three months in jail.
Dowodu was nabbed with the goods in a bag by a Hilton security guard as she left the property.
Conspiracy was involved in the theft, a police prosecutor testified.
"The accused... conspired with one Jane of room number 864, Transcorp Hilton Hotel, now at large, to steal a pressing iron, hand towel and face towel from the room, thereby committing offenses punishable under Sections 79 and 287 of the Penal Code," the prosecutor said.
Dowodu pleaded guilty in court, though she said she was just carrying the bag as a favor to her pal.
- Disney Signs Deal for Third Paris Theme Park [AOL Travel]
- Drunk Delta Pilot Arrested in Amsterdam [AOL Travel]
- 10 Wackiest Attractions In the U.S. (Photos)[Huffington Post]
- Pop Quiz: How Much Do You Know About the Grand Canyon?[National Geographic]
- Top 10 Budget Destinations[AskMen]
Photo, kevinspencer, flickr