FarmVille maker Zynga is the subject of much criticism - some of it deserved - but the social gaming company has done a stand-up job running in-game promotions to raise money to build schools in Haiti. So far, there have been two Sweet Seeds for Haiti promotions in FarmVille, where players could donate money buy purchasing special limited edition crops using Farm Cash. Those two promotions have raised over $500K for Haiti, and a portion of those funds went to build a school(s) for those in need.
There are rumors flying that Zynga is planning a new in-game Haiti charity event soon, based on this series of backpack and school supply images discovered by FVFan. Since there seems to be a progression in the images, we can only guess that this promotion will require you to collect items (maybe school supplies?) from your neighbors to fill up your backpack until it overflows.
Please note that these items have not been released yet, and there's no guarantee that they will make it into FarmVille. (Let's be honest, this unreleased stuff usually makes it into the game). Keep your eyes open (and your wallets ready) to help those in need in the near future.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates edge up again this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 3 Ways To Find Cash In Your Home (Easier Than You Think)
- Your Best Refinance Rates for November 2021
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- 5 woman-owned small businesses you should shop today
- 7 small businesses making fine jewelry more accessible
- 5 Black-owned small businesses you should shop and support today
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!