Balls, bracelets sold at beach resorts recalled over choking danger
The CPSC said even though the toys were marketed to children 3 and over, they designated them as toys for younger kids more likely to put them in their mouths.
About 37,000 of the toys imported from China were distributed by Fun Stuff Inc. and sold at beach resort stores between January 2009 and August 2010 for $2-$5.
The recall was issued after the CPSC received a report of a ball popping off into the mouth of a North Carolina toddler.
The recalled toys are stretchy with colorful plastic balls at the ends. BoBo balls also have a ball that lights up.
Here are the product numbers (marked on the package) involved in the recall:
- Click Armband Bracelet: FS1842
- Klick Klick Ball: FS1734
- BoBo Ball: FS1814
If you have one of these toys, take it away from young children and either return it where it was purchased or contact Fun Stuff to get your money back.
Consumers can call Fun Stuff at (888) 386-7833 weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time or go to the company's recall site.