FBI Investigates Passengers for Comment Made on Vegas Flight
The US Airways flight had taken off from McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, when it encountered a mechanical issue.
After the plane safely returned, the comment caused the plane to remain on the runway while police were called, reports KLAS-TV Channel 8.
A man and woman were questioned, FBI Special Agent Joseph Dickey tells CNN. He says the comment does not appear to be terrorist related. No charges were filed.
A spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) says the comment was made as the plane taxied and was "inappropriate."
Michelle Mohr, a US Airways spokeswoman, tells CNN "there was an incident that required authorities," but did not give further details.
Passengers were put on alternative flights to Phoenix.
- Holland America Expands Do-Good Shore Excursions [AOL Travel]
- Rule Change Would Give Pilots More Sleep Time[AOL Travel]
- 10 Wackiest Attractions In the U.S. (Photos)[Huffington Post]
- Pop Quiz: How Much Do You Know About the Grand Canyon?[National Geographic]
- Top 10 Budget Destinations[AskMen]
Photo, wbaiv, flickr