Zynga holds two Top 10 Facebook pages, but something is missing
Social Media Today released a list of the Top 10 Facebook Pages today, and the results are surprising (Lady Gaga is the most popular living music artist on Facebook). The list measures the top pages in "Likes," but try to find what's missing. Here's the full list of Social Media Today's Top 10 Facebook Pages as of this morning:
- Zynga Poker: 23.5 million "Likes"
- Michael Jackson: 19.4 million "Likes"
- Facebook (huh?): 17.8 million "Likes"
- Lady Gaga: 17.1 million "Likes"
- Family Guy: 16.5 million "Likes"
- Vin Diesel: 14.9 million "Likes"
- Mafia Wars: 13.7 million "Likes"
- Starbucks: 13,206,824 "Likes"
- House: 13,202,945 "Likes"
- Barack Obama: 13 million "Likes"
Still haven't figured it out? Find the answer and a few more questions after the break.While Zynga Poker and Mafia Wars are two of Zynga's most popular games on Facebook, its most popular title of all time, FarmVille, is nowhere to be found. With a steady 60 million players, you'd think it'd have more fans than Zynga Poker.
Well, it turns out that it does with 24.3 million fans, which is nearly one million more than Zynga Poker's 23.5 million. So, what gives? Is FarmVille so ubiquitous at this point that it is not even recognized in such competitions, or this just an oversight?
Considering FarmVille's undeniable clout on Facebook, is it fair to include the game in these lists? Let us know what you think in the comments section.