And here we thought date auctions were just a fiction created by hack writers for third-rate sitcoms and romantic comedies. No, apparently they are a real thing, or a virtually real thing, at least, thanks to a new social game called DateBid.
Just launched on Facebook (and coming soon to other social networks), DateBid gives new members 5,000 "Datebid Fun Dollars" to bid on auctions for virtual webcam dates with other
desperate shutins virtual daters. Accumulate enough fun dollars and you can redeem the balance for prizes from retailers like Victoria's Secret, Best Buy, and Apple, or donate the proceeds to charity. Selling your affection to the highest bidder has never been simpler!
If the idea of spending virtual money to get virtual webcam dates with strangers seems creepy to you, the people behind DateBid would like to assure you that you are wrong. "Our vision for DateBid is to combine the excitement of social gaming and online dating for a safe, fun, and socially engaging way to meet new people," said Alex Yamane, Chief Technology Officer for DateBid. "With our online and mobile webcam dates, we solve the problem of not knowing for sure whether the person you meet online is really who they say they are."
Hey, if it gets me an iPad, I don't care who's on the other end of that webcam.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Do This Before Your Next Mortgage Payment (it's genius)
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate now
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.04% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 5 latte art TikToks that will inspire you to get fancy with your co…
- I swear by these affordable leg compression sleeves from Amazon to rel…
- This anytime toaster pastry snack is quick and easy: ‘It’s so good’
- You Could Earn 70K Miles with this Top Travel Card
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card