Slapping Incident Spurs Southwest Flight Attendant To Remove Baby From Parents
The incident happened on a flight from Dallas to Albuquerque.
The parents were reportedly arguing, trying to get the baby to stop crying, when flight attendant Beverly McCurley took control and took the baby away, reports ABC News.
McCurley did return the child to her parents, before the plane landed.
However, police were notified and greeted the couple, Lee Ann and Joseph Cid, at the gate at Albuquerque International Sunport.
Officials checked on the baby's welfare and interviewed the couple and witnesses. No charges were filed.
There was praise of McCurley for neutralizing the situation.
"I think it was a solid move [on] the part of the flight attendant to take custody of the child," says the airport's police chief Marshall Katz.
- Kids Fly Southwest Without Telling Parents[AOL Travel]
- Southwest Boots Thin Flier for Overweight Teen[AOL Travel]
- Obama Goes for a Swim During Gulf Vacation (Great Photo)[Huffington Post]
- American Tourist Stabbed to Death at Phuket Resort[Huffington Post]
- Top 10 Beach Cities Around the World (Photos)[National Geographic]
Photo, randomduck, flickr