Title Town Football: It ain't Madden but it's still football on Facebook
While we're still wondering when Madden football will be rushing onto Facebook, video game developer Gasworks Games (Matrix Online, Tron 2.0) beats EA Sports to the punch, announcing that its football game, Title Town Football, will arrive on Facebook in September. This will be first of several social sports games that the company is planning to release on the social network.
"Title Town Football puts fans in the front office of their own team, where they can improve facilities, sign and manage a roster of real players, and watch their franchise value skyrocket," Gasworks Games CEO and Co-Founder Andy Kaplan says.
Here are a few features that will be included Title Town Football (from the press release):
- Bring in fans and revenue as you perform the daily duties of a football exec, from public appearances to push-ups with your star defensive end.
- Improve Facilities: Boost your franchise value and attract premium free agents by upgrading your Stadium, Training Facility, Front Office, and more.
- Manage Superstars: Keep an eye on your salary cap as you sign real-life players to your team roster, then decide who starts and who sits on game day.
- Purchase Exempt Contracts: Sign heavy hitters to exempt contracts. Keep high-salary players from counting against your salary cap, and get a leg up on the competition.
- Show Off: Force your friends to recognize the real boss when you crush them on Sundays, earn a huge fan following, and turn your run-down compound into a world-class athletic facility.
Sports games on Facebook have not proven popular so far, and we can only speculate that that's because many of these games are more of a team management simulation than an actual get-on-the-field-and-score-goals type of game. Then again, with football season's arrival immenent and ne're a Madden Facebook game in sight, that might be the opening this Title Town needs to become a gridiron great.
What did you think of the Title Town trailer? Will you give this game a try? Leave a note in the comments below.