Survey Says London Cabs Best
Hotels.com says 56 percent of travelers rate the London cabs as tops. They are followed by the taxis of New York and Tokyo.
Respondents say the London drivers are both friendly and knowledgeable – they have to pass a tough exam to be licensed. London taxi rides also happen to be more expensive than anywhere else.
New York cabbies did not do well in the "nice" category, tied with Parisian drivers as the rudest in the world. But New York taxis scored big points for being readily available.
Filling out the Top 5 best are the taxis of Berlin, Germany, and the tuk tuks (auto rickshaws) in Bangkok, Thailand.
So where are the worst cabbies in the world? That honor goes to Rome, travelers complaining about the quality of the driving.
The global survey involved 1,900 travelers.
- North America's Most Bedbug-Infested Cities[AOL Travel]
- Southwest Boots Thin Flier for Overweight Teen[AOL Travel]
- Ten Best Places To Have a Mid-Life Crisis[Lonely Planet]
- Top 10 Glamorous A-List Destinations[Lonely Planet]
- Top 10 Beach Drinks Around the World[National Geographic]
Photo, mwanasimba, flickr