FCC beefs up its web presence with new consumer help center
"This site makes it easy for consumers to learn about our work and take action," Joel Gurin, chief of the Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, wrote on the FCC blog. "Here, in one place, consumers can read about consumer issues, get practical advice for avoiding problems, file a complaint, comment on our rulemaking, or read what our FCC experts are saying in our Consumer Blog."
The Consumer Help Center includes links to:
- Everything consumers need to know about Bill Shock and Early Termination Fees -- two common issues for wireless customers.
- Savvy Traveler tips -- advice on making phone calls when travelling abroad.
- Broadband Speed Test -- consumers can test the speed of their broadband service.
- Fact Sheet Library -- more than 150 consumer Fact Sheets on telecom subjects.
- Links to additional resources on a range of issues, including privacy.
- Links to file a complaint to the FCC or comment on rulemakings.
- Blog posts about consumer issues -- consumer comments welcome.
- News releases, statements, and FCC actions.