Top Companies for Diversity
Black Enterprise recently released their 2010 Best Companies for Diversity Survey recognizing companies that demonstrate a commitment to diversity in one or more of the following areas: board of directors, employee base, senior management and supplier diversity. This is Black Enterprise's sixth survey of its kind and data was collected by sending surveys to the nation's top 1,000 companies and the 50 leading global companies with robust U.S. operations.
McDonald's Corp and WGL Holdings demonstrated significant strengths in all four areas surveyed and Burger King Corp, Pepco Holding Inc., PG&E COrp, Sodexo Inc, Sprint Nextel Corp., TIAA-CREF and Xerox Corp were leaders in three of the four areas. Norfolk Southern Corp. and the U.S. Postal Service were cited for the first time on this year's list.
The full list, organized by state, is below.
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Bentonville
District of Columbia
- Sprint Nextel Corp., Overland Park
- Yum Brands Inc., Louisville
- Ford Motor Co., Dearborn
- General Mills Inc., Minneapolis
- MGM Mirage, Las Vegas
- Verizon Communications Inc., Basking Ridge
- American Express Co., New York
- International Business Machines (IBM), Armonk
- Pepsico Inc., Purchase
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, White Plains
- Proctor & Gamble Co., Cincinnati
- Aramark, Philadelphia
- Fedex Corp., Memphis