Being a man good to his word, conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh is leaving New York with its relatively high taxes on rich people. Limbaugh's 10-room, 20th floor penthouse at 86th Street and Fifth Avenue reportedly sold for $11.5 million. It was originally priced at $13.95 million in March, but was dropped a cool million or so along the way. When he listed it, he pledged to leave Gotham, and liberals here have had their fingers crossed.
The news was too irresistible for the late night comics. David Letterman quipped that the $11.5 million price tag was "$2.5 million for the apartment and $9 million for what they found in the medicine cabinet," -- a reference to Limbaugh's admitted problems with pain medications.
The 4,600-square-foot unit has views of Central Park and the reservoir, working fireplaces, a wood-paneled library, four terraces including one off the media room, his and hers dressing rooms, a double living room and a maid's quarters.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out Of Pocket?
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Can You Save $23,000 By Refinancing Your Home?
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Mind-Blowing Cards for Those with Excellent Credit
- 6 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards Of 2022
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You